|Chaos Plane:||The 4th Plane|
|Pros:||Confusion, Fun to Play|
|Release Date:||October, 23rd 2018|
|Primary:||Secret Agent Bear|
Lore[edit | edit source]
A cold wind whirled around the desolate stone halls. The castle was forsaken long ago and the only thing that remained was the unfriendly feeling of emptiness. Even the wind howled in desperation trying to escape the never ending labyrinth of stone.
Mimic had been wandering the lonely castle of The 4th Plane for decades. He barely remembered his old life as a grand wizard of the highest court. His life had been filled with laughter and wondrous things and he never wanted it to end. It was that greed for eternal life, and a spell gone awry, that cursed him. He was now an everlasting shadow forced to exist forever alone.
Ever so often, the loneliness would consume Mimic and he would reach out into the dark searching, "Where did everybody go?" He knew the only replies would be the echoes of his own voice, but that never stopped him from trying. After all this was his fate, or at least it was until the day of The Uprising. On that day he turned a corner and was faced with yet another long and daunting corridor. The feeling of endlessness struck a chord deep within him and he called out "I just want to play..."
Half expecting those words to echo and haunt him for the next few moments, he was noticeably shaken when the echoes that replied were not his own. Near the end of the hall a dim light spilled out into the corridor as did the faint sounds of laughter. Mimic could hardly contain his excitement as he bound forward toward the light, "Someone is here... a friend?" As he turned down the narrow hallway, he was met with no person or thing he recognized. It was only a crack along the far wall. He sensed a great power and anger surrounding the crack and it left an uneasy feeling in the pit of his chest.
Unsure and afraid of having to face the consequences of another botched spell, Mimic turned to leave. Just then a happy voice cried out in utter excitement, "HA HA Too slow!" It took only a moment for Mimic to consider his options before he hurled himself at the crack. The light grew, encompassing him entirely, and just as suddenly as it had appeared it was gone. The smell of rain and the sound of thunder filled his senses as he took in his surroundings. There were crates and weapons and a small blue creature scurried past. "Wait! what was that?!?!" Mimic's mind was racing with possibilities. He only knew one this for certain, he was no longer alone.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Primary - Secret Agent Bear|
|With this ability, Mimic changes his outward appearance to look exactly like on of the Light Bears||Notes:|
• An easy way to tell if a Light Bear is really Mimic is to watch how they jump and run
|• Default Keybinding: RMB||• Cooldown: 20 Seconds|
|Secondary - Prop Swap|
|Mimic’s outward appearance is turned into a nearby object||Notes:|
• There are specific things within each map that Mimic can be turned into
|• Default Keybinding: LMB||• Cooldown: 10 Seconds|
|Ultimate - Fooled You|
|Mimic pretends to be a Light Bear being infected so other bears will try to ‘save’ him||Notes:|
• If a bear being infected starts moving - DON'T SAVE THEM, its just the mimic tricking you
|• Default Keybinding: SHIFT||• Cooldown: 30 Seconds|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you transform into a prop or a bear being infected, don't move
- The best time to pretend to be an infected bear is right after you tag another bear. You're more likely to trick players into trying to save you.
- The most effective Mimic players work hard to not get noticed. You must be patient and wait for the right moment.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mimic accidentally ate his favorite toy one day - Sir Bearington has never been seen again.
- When originally designed we intended Mimic to be very menacing and scary, but instantly fell in love with the goofy, lonely personality the voice actor created.