|Chaos Plane:||The 2nd Plane|
|Pros:||High Mobility, AOE ability|
|Release Date:||October, 23rd 2018|
Lore[edit | edit source]
Writhe was forced to exist on The 2nd Plane crawling through the desert wasteland. He could feel every gust and upheaval as the wind stole parts of him; dissolving them in the dust and gravel swirling around. He clung to the ground with every fiber fearing his inevitable fate: sucked up into the wind, dissipating into nothing, ceasing to exist.
It is said on the day of The Uprising Writhe could hear voices in the wind whispering - "I will not fade" .... "I will not wither" .... These whispers on the wind filled Writhes mind, he found himself chanting along. As his chants became faster and louder, the wind gained speed in turn whipping and thrashing at him. It was as though the wind knew the power of those words and was doing everything it could to stop Writhe from repeating them.
In an unexpected flurry, the wind changed directions too fast for Writhe to adapt. His fingers barely grasped the top soil. All it took was one last breath of the wind to send Writhe flying through the air. This was the moment he feared most, the inevitable, and yet he could not stop chanting the whispers. "I will not fade" The wind pulled at him, trying to tear him apart. Writhe closed his eyes, this time uttering the whispers aloud "I will not wither!"
The churning sounds of the wind suddenly stopped. It was serene and calm. Writhe opened his eyes and saw above him a large crack. Just beyond the edge he could still see the wind wailing at his escape; his escape into what, he thought.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Primary - Boop Smash|
|Launch Writhe into the air, then slam down knocking up and corrupting all near by Light Bear.||Notes:|
• Use this ability to get to higher spots on the map than you can jump.
|• Default Keybinding: LMB||• Cooldown: 10 Seconds|
|Secondary - Teleport|
|Hold right mouse button down to aim where you will teleport to, then release to complete teleport||Notes:|
• If bears end up in very high spots on the map, use your teleport ability to reach them.
|• Default Keybinding: RMB||• Cooldown: 15 Seconds|
|Ultimate - Floating Bears|
|Writhe snaps his fingers and all bears float upwards for a duration of 3 seconds before coming back down||Notes:|
• This ability pulls Light Bears out of any hiding spots in addition to floating them into the air.
|• Default Keybinding: SHIFT||• Cooldown: 25 Seconds|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Writhe can pull you out of hiding places with his ultimate ability, so don't expect to be safe in them when he is near you
- He can teleport anywhere he can see with his second ability. If you see him stop moving for a moment, expect to see him popping up next to you soon
- Writhe sounds like your average friendly Canadian, but he isn't. He will corrupt you given the chance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The voice actor for Writhe is not Canadian
- He was originally designed to walk on his fingers, but animating it was a nightmare so now he hops
- Each of his abilities effect movement - either his or a bears
- Writhe was the 8th Shadow we created for the game
- Writhe was from Minnesota originally, but since everyone mistook him for Canadian we change it.